your prayers at work
AUGUST 2019 UPDATE
Thank you for your prayers for GCM last month as we have received breakthrough in many areas. Through your prayers the Lord has brought much peace to our leaders. As we obey His leading, we are confident that we will have an increase in new disciples and more growth throughout the entire Middle East. Thank you for your continued prayers! Please continue sending encouragement and what you are hearing from the Lord for us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS MONTH’S PRAYER FOCUS
WOMEN IN THE MIDDLE EAST
Women have been leaders and preachers since the beginning of time. God has used women to lead not only their friends and family to Him, but whole communities. When Jesus compassionately led the Samaritan woman at the well to understand her need for forgiveness and helped her turn back to God, she immediately ran to her people and brought them all to Jesus.
A similar thing happened in a community of Muslim women just a few years ago. “Khadija” was a community leader and had far reaching influence among her people. She was known for her love, wisdom, and willingness to do anything to help the women in her community. Khadija had several friends who followed Jesus, but she herself had not come to faith in Him. One day, her friend shared the story of Jesus healing the bleeding woman (Matthew 9:20-22). This story is especially moving for Muslim women, whose religion does not permit women to pray during their time of the month. As she listened raptly to this moving story, her eyes filled with tears. She immediately said, “My community needs to hear this story. Our women need to know that God sees their pain and shame, and wants to extend His hand to heal them!” Intuitively, Khadijah knew this story is more than a physical healing, but that it speaks to the kind of love that God has for all women. She knew that this issue of bleeding represents every kind of shame, taboo, and hurt that women in her community faced. God could heal them from abuse, loss, trauma, and fear. Intentionally , Khadijah included this story in a community group she was organizing. Many more women in her community were touched as they learned about the God who heals them.
When women hear truth, they share it with their people and become leaders in the Muslim world because they are uniquely designed for relationship and are called to share what they learn with their families, friends, and communities.
AUGUST PRAYER POINTS
PRAY FOR MIDDLE EASTERN FEMALE LEADERS
Despite the oppression of women in the Middle East and Islamic countries, women in these regions are rising up as modern-day church leaders. God is using women powerfully today in the Middle East and they have unique access to communities where the Gospel has not yet been penetrated.
· Pray for strength and endurance to finish the race.
· Pray for increased anointing in evangelism and discipleship.
· Pray for new levels (generations) of churches to be birthed through their disciples.
2. PRAY FOR THE FAMILIES OF WOMEN
With many women coming to Christ in the Middle East, we want to take time to remember their not-yet believing husbands, children, and extended families. Many women are reading the Bible, praying, secretly fellowshipping with other believers and going home each day to be beaten and shamed. They are faithfully believing and waiting for their families to come to Christ and are enduring great hardship in the meantime.
· Pray for unbelieving husbands.
· Pray that husbands and family members would be attracted to Christ in their believing wife/family member.
· Pray that the women would be strong witnesses, despite the pain and suffering they endure.
3. PRAY FOR SAFETY AND ACCESS
Pray that women would be protected as they connect with other women and families to share the Gospel. For security, we cannot provide details of the access points, but we ask for you to pray with us that:
· God will protect women who are meeting secretly with one another to study the Bible, fellowship, and pray together.
· God will protect the children who are being discipled by their mother until the day of faith comes for their fathers.
· God will protect the women and children from abuse—sexual and physical—from their husbands and others.
· God will continue to show women how to gain access to more unreached regions in the Middle East.
read more stories
Read more powerful, encouraging stories of women who have come to Christ, leaving Islam. These stories are the results of your prayers for the Muslim world. Thank you for praying with us!